Due to the current overwhelming demand for virtual conferences, our virtual platform will not be ready in time to launch the conference as scheduled. Therefore, we have no choice but to delay our conference’s launch date till 18 November 2020, and it will run for four consecutive weeks.
Dedicated links to upload your paper and a new deadline for that upload should be provided in early October. Therefore, if you are not the person who will be presenting and managing the presentation of the paper(s) you uploaded, then you need to contact me and provide the name and email for the individual presenting the paper(s). Please do this as soon as possible.
We are excited about our virtual platform and the experience it will provide. The actions we have taken are simply to ensure the quality of the conference and to enhance delegate participation.
Please be watching your email and the conference website for more information and instructions. Thank you.
The VPPC 2020 Organizing Committee would like to announce that the IEEE VPPC’2020 conference will be held as a virtual event.
Hosting a virtual conference was not the original plan, but considering the unusual circumstances, this decision is best for everyone. Due to the current COVID-19 global health crisis, which continues to make large gatherings too risky, the Organizing Committee made the decision to convert the upcoming VPPC originally planned for Gijón into a fully virtual event. While not ideal, it is the prudent decision to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all constituents.
As a potential registrant for VPPC’2020, please take note of the following information regarding some necessary changes:
- The conference will take place as an on-demand, fully virtual event starting during its scheduled week.
• Only registrants will have access to the virtual conference.
• All authors will be required to complete a pre-recorded presentation of their paper(s) and instructions will be posted soon to the conference website.
• All authors will also be required to upload their pre-recorded presentation(s) to a virtual platform (further details will be forthcoming once the virtual platform is made available by IEEE).
• All presented papers will be published in IEEE Xplore as initially planned.
• Tutorials will now be offered for free to each delegate during the entirety of the conference.
• Registration fees have been reduced to be more in line with a virtual event, and these will be posted soon along with a link to the registration portal.
Note that tutorials, keynotes, awards, technical sessions and special sessions are still expected to be available to delegates. Question and answer interactions will be made possible by the use of live message boards, through which authors, presenters, and delegates are expected to monitor and engage.
Should you have any questions, feel free to email the Conference Administrators, Rodney Keele or Cerry Leffler, for assistance.
We look forward to meeting you virtually as well as in person once the future allows.
May you and your families remain safe and healthy.
The VPPC 2020 Organizing Committee
COVID-19 update: 14 May 2020
Due to the wide extent of the impact from the COCID-19, the Vehicular Technology Society and the VPPC 2020 organizers will be relaxing its standard requirements for onsite presentation of papers for authors whose travel is adversely affected by the outbreak. In support of all authors, the following will now suffice for assuring paper publication in order of preference:
1) onsite presentation by first author or coauthor, or…
2) onsite presentation by a qualified substitute, or…
3) submission of a prerecorded presentation by first author, or a co-author, or both for authors whose travel is adversely affected by the outbreak.
Further details about Option (3) will be forthcoming. Please note that it is the intention to be flexible and helpful to everyone during this time of difficulty.
VTS is fully supportive of IEEE’s mission statement and we wish you and all people success in dealing with any local challenges you may be facing.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the conference administrators.
And last but not least, we wish you and your families well!
COVID-19 update: 18 March 2020
From the IEEE VPPC 2020 Organizing Committee
IEEE VPPC 2020 is still scheduled to be held as planned, beginning 26 October 2020.
The safety and well-being of all conference participants is our priority. We will continue to monitor official travel advisories related to COVID-19, and update the event website to keep you informed. If you have any questions or need additional information, please email us for further details: firstname.lastname@example.org
World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
National Health Commission of the People’s Republic of China: http://en.nhc.gov.cn/
COVID-19 update: 25 February 2020
COVID-19 Notices – From IEEE
Please know that our thoughts are with those affected by the COVID-19 outbreak.
The health and safety of our members and participants are our first priority. We are closely monitoring any specific travel advisories through official channels which include the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Spanish government.
Before traveling to the conference, we recommend that you stay informed of any information your local health agencies may make available and take reasonable precautions to protect yourself. IEEE continues to closely monitor this dynamic situation and will provide updates with any developments.
The health and safety of attendees is our top priority and therefore the following proactive tips are being taken to maintain a safe and healthy environment at IEEE VPPC 2020:
- We are committed to following regional jurisdiction guidelines and rules in maintaining a safe environment for our attendees. The World Health Organization’s (WHO) guidelines are located here.
- We are working closely with the conference venue in Gijón, Spain and surrounding venues hosting official IEEE VPPC 2020 programming to ensure there are sufficient medical processes in place and sanitation products readily available.
- We are supporting individuals who may be unable to travel to Gijón from affected regions.
- We will continue to provide timely WHO and other relevant updates to registered attendees throughout the conference as may be needed.