COVID-19 update: 14 May 2020
Due to the wide extent of the impact from the COCID-19, the Vehicular Technology Society will be relaxing its standard requirements for onsite presentation of papers for authors whose travel is adversely affected by the outbreak. In support of all authors, the following will now suffice for assuring paper publication in order of preference:
1) onsite presentation by first author or coauthor, or…
2) onsite presentation by a qualified substitute, or…
3) submission of a prerecorded presentation by first author, or a co-author, or both for authors whose travel is adversely affected by the outbreak.
Further details about Option (3) will be forthcoming. Please note that it is the intention to be flexible and helpful to everyone during this time of difficulty.
VTS is fully supportive of IEEE’s mission statement and we wish you and all people success in dealing with any local challenges you may be facing.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the conference administrators.
And last but not least, we wish you and your families well!
Covid-19 Update: 2-25-2020
Update: COVID-19 Notices – From IEEE
Please know that our thoughts are with those affected by the COVID-19 outbreak.
The health and safety of our members and participants are our first priority. We are closely monitoring any specific travel advisories through official channels which include the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Finland government.
Before traveling to the conference, we recommend that you stay informed of any information your local health agencies may make available and take reasonable precautions to protect yourself. IEEE continues to closely monitor this dynamic situation and will provide updates with any developments.
The health and safety of attendees is our top priority and therefore the following proactive tips are being taken to maintain a safe and healthy environment at VTC2021-Spring:
- We are committed to following regional jurisdiction guidelines and rules in maintaining a safe environment for our attendees. The World Health Organization’s (WHO) guidelines are located here.
- We are working closely with the authorities within Helsinki, Finland and surrounding venues hosting official VTC2021-Spring programming to ensure there are sufficient medical processes in place and sanitation products readily available.
- We are supporting individuals who may be unable to travel to Helsinki from affected regions
- We will continue to provide timely WHO and other relevant updates to registered attendees throughout the conference as may be needed.